3 Easy Steps
- Provide Proof of Purchase (Must be within one year of purchase date or five years for DLC-qualified products)
- Send the Bulbs back to Viribright (Email for an updated ship to address – email@example.com)
- We send you replacements (Easy enough, right?)
Need Help? Call (877) 847-4276
Viribright Limited Warranty
Viribright Lighting, Inc. (“Viribright”) warrants, to the original end-user (“user”), each of our current 7XXXX LED lamps and products (“product”) to be free from defects in materials and craft that would render the product inoperable or unserviceable, for three years (12 months) from the date of purchase.
The warranty applies only to the current 7XXXXX product with a current, unaltered, intact manufacturing number or product identification code starting with 7XXXXX. Proof of purchase must be presented, and replacements are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and subject to the following terms and conditions. All other products containing 73XXX or earlier manufacturing numbers or product identification codes are no longer supported or covered by this or any warranty, including any express or implied warranty.
If the product fails to operate during the warranty period, Viribright will, at its option, replace or repair the product at no charge. This warranty does not include offers of cash or credit, guaranteed sales, product swaps, or any compensation of any type except for the replacement or repair of the same product as that which is covered by the warranty. Viribright will not be responsible for device damages or replacement to devices that hold the product or the product is a part of it. Viribright is not responsible for freight, packaging, or handling fees, labor costs of product removal, disposal, replacement, or installation.
Warranty Period (12 Months)
Viribright warrants the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 36 months from the date of purchase. If Viribright grants a replacement and the product is unavailable, a comparable product may be provided at the sole discretion of Viribright.
Terms And Conditions
This warranty only applies when the product is installed correctly and used following Viribright’s published specifications and operating instructions. The original product identification number or manufacturing code is intact and unaltered. The product must only be used in approved, certified lighting equipment designed and approved for the application and in environmental conditions (including electrical, temperature, and humidity) within the normal specified thermal, electrical, and moisture operating range defined by Viribright for that product.
This warranty excludes failures resulting from abuse, acts of God, fire, vandalism, or civil disturbances. This warranty does not apply to any abnormal use of the product or use for which the product is not intended or use in violation of any applicable standard, code, or instructions for use in installations, including those contained in the latest version of the National Electrical Code (NEC), the Standards for Safety of Underwriters Laboratory, Inc. (UL), the Standards for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) or, in Canada, the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). This warranty will not apply in the event of conditions demonstrating abnormal use or stress, including thermal, electric, under/over voltage/current conditions, excessive switching cycles or operating hours, or situations outside of the following recommended operating conditions including:
- Any ambient operating temperature that exceeds: -20c to +40c
- Any temperature at the control point (TC) shall not exceed 85c.
- Operating above or below the rated AC voltage or AC current
- Any dimming exceeds the applicable range per the instructions on the Viribright website, packaging, or product markings.
Any repair, alteration, or modification of the product, the product identification number, or manufacturing code, including the replacement of any product components with components of other manufacturers, will void the warranty in its entirety. This warranty expressly excludes damage or defects caused by or arising from any damage from improper use, misuse, or neglect, including:
- Any damage which results from repair or maintenance operations by methods other than those specified by Viribright.
- Any product which has been operated in a non-compliant manner, conditions, or device.
- Any damage which results from misuse or uses beyond the limitations or the intended purpose specified by Viribright, such as electrical, thermal, humid, stress, pressure, or physical overloading, or any damage due to use under abnormal conditions.
- Any damage which results from the use of non-genuine parts, handling, or storage not approved by Viribright.
- Any damage resulting from modification or installation in other products in a way not approved by Viribright which has any influence on the function and/or performance of the product.
- Any damage which results from an operation other than that specified for the product, either intentionally or by error.
- Fading or decreased performance or appearance of electrical components, deterioration of physical surfaces, deterioration of metal and plastics, and rusting due to the passage of time.
- Everyday phenomena such as noise, vibration, or electrical discharge are considered by Viribright as not affecting the quality, function, or performance of the product.
- Any damage due to improper storage, handling, or transport.
- Any expendable replacement items.
- Periodical maintenance items such as cleaning, inspection, and adjustments.
- Any repair and/or adjustment performed by persons other than Viribright or damage resulting therefrom.
- Any repair and/or adjustment to correct improper or poor-quality work previously performed.
- Incidental expenses incurred in the warranty claim.
- Any damage which results from unavoidable natural disasters, fire, flood, earthquake, collision, theft, etc.
- Any normal wear or deterioration caused under normal operating conditions.
- Any defect to the product caused by improper installation in other products.
- Any expense related to the installation or removal of the product from another product in which it is installed
- Any defect caused by improper maintenance and or use.
- Any others corresponding to the common category of exclusions
Warranty Activation Process/Claims Procedure
In order to receive warranty coverage, the purchaser must deliver to Viribright a valid proof of purchase, and the claimed product must be sent to Viribright Lighting Inc. at the facility to be determined by Viribright personnel.
If the product is found to be current, valid, and covered by the foregoing warranty, Viribright will provide the purchaser with a return material authorization (RMA) number and instructions as to how, when, and where to return the warranted product for final confirmation and examination of the product. Purchaser must promptly return the product, at the purchaser’s expense, to Viribright following such instructions.
Failure to follow this procedure shall void the warranty.
Viribright reserves the right to examine all products to determine the cause of failure and usage patterns. Viribright will be the sole judge as to whether a product is defective and covered under this warranty. All decisions are final.
Limitation Of Liability
The preceding shall constitute the purchaser's exclusive remedy and the sole liability of Viribright, Inc. for the product. No warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is made or implied. In no event shall Viribright be liable for any other costs or damages, including lost profits or revenues, incidental, special, or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply. In no event shall Viribright, Inc.’s total liability, for any reason arising hereunder, exceed the purchase price paid by the purchaser for the product.
All warranty terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.